Dr. Bryan F. Beagan was honored to be selected as a “Top Orthodontist” in the Rhode Island Monthly poll of general dentists in the state of Rhode Island from 2012-2018. As a part of the University Orthodontics team, Dr. Beagan strives toward the highest standard in orthodontic treatment. Through his dedication to excellence and his patients’ commitment to their orthodontic care, achieving a healthy and happy smile is possible. Dr. Beagan is most passionate about his interaction and communication with patients of all ages. He appreciates the profound effect that orthodontics can have on the lives of his patients.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree — Providence College
- Doctorate of Medical Dentistry — Tufts University
- Orthodontic Certificate — Tufts University
Dr. Beagan regularly attends continuing education courses and seminars, far exceeding the number of hours required by the state to practice orthodontics. It is his goal to provide the most effective care to his patients while retaining an atmosphere of compassion and respect. In addition, Dr. Beagan has served on the craniofacial team at RI Hospital and was an orthodontic instructor at Brown University. He is also an Invisalign® Gold Plus Provider.
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association
- Rhode Island Dental Association
- Rhode Island Association of Orthodontists
Awards and Honors
- Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Providence Journal Readers' Choice award winner for "Best Orthodontist"
- Voted as a "Top Orthodontist" in the Rhode Island Monthly poll of general dentists in the state of Rhode Island for 2012-2018
- Recognized as "Top 40 Dentists under 40" in the country by Incisal Edge Magazine, Fall 2014
- Recipient of the Dr. Edward G. Austin Endowed Scholarship Fund for commitment to community outreach and dedicated services to underserved populations
- Recipient of the Dean Lonnie H. Norris, D80, and Dr. Donna M. Norris Senior Endowed Prize Fund for Achievement, Professionalism, and Strength of Character
- Recipient of the Everett Shapiro Award in Orthodontics
- Inducted into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society
- Inducted into Robert R. Andrews Research Honors Society
- Recipient of the Academy of Dental Materials Annual Student Award
- Winner of the Utah Award from the Massachusetts Dental Society
Outside the Office
Dr. Beagan is a native of Lincoln, RI, and currently resides in Scituate with his wife Tammy, son Jae, and daughter Nylah. His free time is spent with his family and friends, running, and enjoying the outdoors. As a committed member of his community, Dr. Beagan is active in Donated Dental Services and provides interactive oral hygiene presentations for schools throughout Rhode Island.